Sunday, February 26, 2012

My research paper


My research paper is on the effects of Disney movies on society. I believe they have a positive effect on people, and I refuted the claims of people who don't. First I took a look at an article written by a woman named Kira. In her article she examines the top ten frugal lessons learned in Disney movies. She discusses important lessons such as: take responsibility for your actions, and don't be afraid of a challenge. I took her information and connected it with the movies they are portrayed in. I also used an interview with Anika Noni Rose who is the voice of Tiana in the movie The Princess and the Frog. She says that people nagged and complained that there was no African American princess in any movies. So, Disney created The Princess and the Frog where Tiana is a black girl living in New Orleans and she falls in love with Prince Naveen of Maldonia. Even after this movie was made, people still had something to complain about: Prince Naveen is voiced by a Brazilian actor, not a black one. Rose says that people are never satisfied, and instead of complaining about that, they should realize that Princess Tiana is the first American princess, and what honor that brings. I refuted claims of people who believe that there are traces of violence, racism, and sexual innuendos in Disney movies, and that they have a negative impact on society, especially on children. I took each one of those topics and used evidence and support to prove why they are incorrect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment